Processing of information
In connection with my/our examination, diagnostics and treatment of you as a patient, Medicals, as data controller, collects and processes a number of personal data about you. We are obliged to do this according to Chapter 6 of the Authorization Act and the Record Keeping Executive Order.
Types of information
Medicals collects and processes the following types of personal data about you (to the extent that it is relevant for you):
General categories of personal data:
- Name, address, possibly e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, gender, family and social relations, work relations and education.
Special categories of personal data ("sensitive personal data"):
- Health information (e.g. medical record information, test results, tests, X-rays, scan results, etc.), sexual relations, race or ethnic origin and religious relations.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Our examination, diagnosis and treatment of you
- Preparation of medical reports
- Preparation of certificates for use by authorities, insurance companies, etc.
- Communication with or referral to other healthcare professionals, doctors, hospitals or hospital laboratories
- Medicine prescriptions, including issuing prescriptions
- Reporting to clinical quality databases
- Reporting of laboratory samples to hospital laboratories
- Settlement purposes
- Comply with our obligations under applicable law, including the EU Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act and other relevant health legislation, e.g.
- Documentation obligation
- Compliance with basic principles for the processing of personal data and legal basis for the processing
- Implementation and maintenance of technical and organizational security measures, including but not limited to preventing unauthorized access to systems and information, preventing the receipt or distribution of malicious code, stopping denial-of-service attacks and damage to computer systems and electronic communication systems
- Investigating suspicions or knowledge of security breaches and reporting to individuals and authorities
- Handling inquiries and complaints from data subjects and others
- Handling inspections and inquiries from regulatory authorities
- Handling disputes with data subjects and third parties.
- Statistical studies and scientific research
When I/we collect personal data directly from you, you provide the personal data voluntarily. You are not obliged to provide this personal data to me/us. The consequence of not giving me/us the personal data will be that I/we cannot carry out the purposes above, including that in some cases we cannot examine, diagnose or treat you.
Dissemination of personal data
To the extent that it is necessary for the specific examination, diagnosis or treatment of you, your personal data will be passed on and shared with the following recipients:
- Information is passed on to other healthcare professionals if necessary for the sake of a current course of treatment.
- Information is passed on to RKKP (clinical quality databases), the Agency for Patient Safety, the Danish Health Data Agency (medicines, vaccinations, accidental incidents and deaths), police and courts, social authorities, the Labor Market's Occupational Insurance to the extent that there is a duty to do so according to current legislation.
- As a patient, you have access to your own information (right of access).
- When referring patients, information is passed on to the healthcare professionals to whom the referral was sent.
- When reporting information in connection with billing for patient treatment, information is passed on to the regional billing offices.
- When issuing prescriptions, information is passed on to the country's pharmacies and the Danish Medicines Agency via FMK.
- When reporting to clinical quality databases.
- In other cases, information is passed on to relatives or insurance companies.
Legal basis for the processing and disclosure of personal data
The legal basis for collecting, processing and passing on your personal data is:
- For use in general patient treatment, general personal data is collected, processed and passed on pursuant to Article 6(1)(c) and (d) of the Data Protection Regulation, while the sensitive personal data is collected, processed and passed on pursuant to Article 9(2)(c) of the Data Protection Regulation ) and H).
- In addition, we are obliged to process a number of personal data about you in general patient treatment in accordance with Chapter 6 of the Authorization Act, Executive Order on Health Personnel Records (the Record Keeping Executive Order) in particular §§ 5-10, and Chapter 9 of the Health Act.
- Information for use in billing for patient treatment is sent once per month to the region's settlement office according to the rules in the Agreement on General Practice Health Act §60.
- Medicine prescriptions on prescriptions and vaccinations are sent via the IT service FMK in accordance with the rules in section 157 of the Health Act and executive order on prescriptions and dosage dispensing of medicines, especially chapter 3.
- Clinical patient data is passed on to clinical quality databases in accordance with the rules in §§ 195-196 of the Health Act and executive order on the reporting of information to clinical quality databases, etc. Data can also be passed on the basis of specific consent from you as a patient.
- Your personal data will only be passed on to insurance companies with your prior consent, cf. the data protection regulation's articles 6(1)(a) and 9(2)(a).
- Your personal data will only be passed on to your next of kin with your prior consent in accordance with the rules in Section 43 of the Health Act.
- In the case of deceased patients, certain personal data may be passed on to the deceased's next of kin in accordance with the rules in Section 45 of the Health Act.
Withdrawal of consent
If the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to revoke consent. If you revoke consent, it does not affect processing prior to the withdrawal of consent, including a disclosure based on consent.
Use of data processors
Your personal data is processed and stored by our data processors, who store it on behalf of and according to instructions from us. Our data processors are currently
– Online book
– OAK CLINEA
– DAK-E (digital course plans)
– DMDD, Webreq and Webpatient (ordering laboratory samples and storing the citizen's answers to questionnaires)
– The Danish Maritime Authority, E-boks and Virk: Handling of health certificates for fishermen and seafarers.
– Swedish Transport Agency (Swedish maritime certificate)
We store personal data about you as long as we need to fulfill the stated purposes. However, according to section 15 of the record-keeping executive order, we are obliged to store these for a minimum of 10 years after the last addition to the record. Cases may arise where we are forced to store your personal data for a longer period of time, e.g. in connection with a complaint or compensation case, in which case information will be stored until the case is finally concluded.
You have – with the limitations of the law – certain rights, including the right to access personal data, the right to have incorrect information changed, the right to have information deleted, the right to have limited information, the right to data portability, the right to object to the processing of the personal data, including in relation to automated, individual decision-making ("profiling").
You also have the right to complain to a competent supervisory authority, including the Data Protection Authority.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data or the exercise of your rights, you are welcome to contact us on tel. 93 87 11 32.
CVR no. 41972459
Any use of medicals.dk is at your own risk and responsibility. Medicals is not responsible for damages incurred in connection with a visit to or use of this website (medicals.dk) or information / links on it.
Content and material on this website are provided without warranty.
Medicals does what we can to ensure that the information on this website is up-to-date and correct, but no guarantee is given for the accuracy and correctness of the information. Information is not stationary and may change without notice.
Medicals disclaims all liability for damages and financial losses arising from the use of information on the website. This applies regardless of whether it is due to errors / lack of updating or inappropriateness in the material or all other reasons. This also applies to compensation for losses resulting from harmful programs or viruses received from the website, the booking page or from files and forms that can be downloaded via the website.